martes, 1 de noviembre de 2011

Paper Dress Project



 As part of my design school activities we're entering a paper outfit competition, it's held in a paper factory and this is the project I've entered.


The title is inspired by the hundreds of green cupcake cases I'm planning to use to add volume to this 50's inspired dress. 




I guess I decided to go for a 50's style as paper doesn't give many options as fabric does and a full skirt seemed like an easy thing to do considering I have only sewn two t-shirts so far.
We had to include samples of the paper we are ging to use, like we would a fabric project. This is a great practice run.




The back view was like this to begin with but a friend made me see it lacked coherence with the front shape of the dress. I guess I wasn't paying attention. So good to have other designer's imput on these things.

This is the final back view I added the effect of the model walking away with a fabulous pair of Loubutins, which of course I will not be able to use on the actual runway. Now I have to find a pair of green shoes for my model, or a pair of cheap shoes I can cover with green tissue paper. A design student's life is very budgeted.


1 comentario:

Rave about fashion here: