martes, 4 de octubre de 2011

Fascination with pattern drafting Viktor & Rolf SS 2012


While I find myself deeply immersed in the art of pattern drafting my mind and my eye are slowly coming to terms with a new dimention. I look at things differently, not just how they fall or how they are presented on the body, but more so how they began being pencil lines on paper, how the paper was cut and then turned into something more, something that in itself is a form of art. The angles, twists and falls of a fabric according to it's density and texture, all thought out on stiff paper before coming to life. I'm in awe of this profession no matter how many hours a day we spend talking about China and S.E Asia, this is still an art that resids in Europe's heart!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Rave about fashion here: